1: College Misfit: Student By Day… Entrepreneur By Night | Cameron SuorsaMar 03, 2020
Cameron Suorsa shares what it is like to be a misfit in college. Studying Entrepreneurship at Grove City College, he also works with Emily as an intern at Launch Consulting. True to his entrepreneurial nature, Cameron started an E-Commerce business during his freshman year, in which he sells clothing on Amazon.
- “Being a misfit is just how we naturally interact with our environments.” – Cameron Suorsa
- “I’m not talking about smarts here, but it’s proven through research that only 20% of the population shares the hard wiring of the teachers. Basically, only 20% learn the way the teachers learn and therefore teach.” – Emily Melious
- “If you’re studying something like entrepreneurship in college, if you’re not thinking about dropping out every day, you’re not really an entrepreneur.” – Cameron Suorsa
- 9:46-11:36 – Why can’t you just stick with something and the struggles of having an entrepreneurial child
- 17:14-21:50 – What being a misfit is like in college
- 24:06-26:42 – How to help your student figure out who they are
- 27:03-31:22 – Cameron’s advice for parents with misfit kids
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!