12: It Takes a Village: A Mother’s Drive to Help Her Autistic Son | Dr. Crystal MorrisonMay 19, 2020
For Dr. Crystal Morrison, the term “misfit” applies in a lot of ways. In this episode, Emily and Crystal focus on the story of her autistic son. Fueled by her personal experiences, Crystal created a technology platform to meet her son’s unique medical needs…and that of kids around the world!
- “I’m so happy to see you really reshaping the notion of a misfit because it’s something that I wear with a badge of honor.” – Dr. Crystal Morrison
- “It was just a constant feeling like I was doing something wrong, I wasn’t an adequate mother, and I wasn’t doing enough to get him what he needed.” – Dr. Crystal Morrison
- “What the world saw were the disabilities, not the abilities.” – Emily Melious
- “Why march to the beat of one drum when I can have the whole marching band behind me?” – Dr. Crystal Morrison
- 2:41-8:39 – Life as a mom
- 9:01-17:27 – Diagnosis for autism
- 17:29-20:42 – Advice for parents on the same or similar journey
- 20:46-22:54 – Biggest challenges
- 22:57-32:09 – Meerkat Village
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!