13: The Dangers of Living a Distracted Life | Ashley AvinashiMay 26, 2020
With all the new demands of managing a household during #Covid19, many parents are feeling frazzled. But even before the “new normal,” a lot of parents expected themselves to be all things to all people. Ashley Avinashi shares the dangers of living a distracted life and how to be fully present with our kids.
- “Little did I know that the kids box cannot be checked as every other box had been checked, and it was the one time in my life that I felt totally out of control.” – Ashley Avinashi
- “We’re not really diving into the real process, which is to slow down and start to become aware of what we’re actually believing to be true about our lives.” – Ashley Avinashi
- “95% of our beliefs are deeply imprinted in us. They are stored in our cellular memory, they are in our physical body.” – Ashley Avinashi
- 1:35-10:09 – The future of humanity
- 12:00-15:40 – The symptoms of distraction
- 15:42-19:37 – Getting of the treadmill
- 19:38-22:33 – The importance of a support system
- 25:11-29:54 – Advice for parents
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!