30: Improving Our Kids’ Mental Wellness | Nicole LoucksSep 22, 2020
COO of Dynamynd, Nicole Loucks, shares the groundbreaking research showing the strong link between self-efficacy and mental wellness. More specifically, kids who believe they have valuable talents to contribute are at lower risk for mental health struggles. Given its importance, Nicole and Emily talk through ways to increase the self-efficacy in our kids.
- “There just isn’t this one size fits all approach and while some kids need to wait for clear direction, others can jump right in.” – Emily Melious
- “There should be opportunities for everyone to be successful in the way that they’re doing things naturally. It shouldn’t be that we’re always shutting that down for certain kids, because what it leads to is them having very low self efficacy.” – Nicole Loucks
- “Self efficacy is the belief in your abilities that you can contribute to the world.” – Nicole Loucks
- “We consider self esteem as an affective feeling about yourself. Whereas self efficacy is a conative belief about your conative abilities.” – Nicole Loucks
- 1:37 – What is Dynamynd, Inc.?
- 3:36 – Why some kids might succeed in school while others don’t
- 11:20 – What is self efficacy?
- 12:15 – The importance of self efficacy
- 16:22 – How to be the best advocate for your child
- 18:56 – Nicole‘s personal experience
- Special Offer! – Sign up for the Strengths Assessment & Coaching Session and receive a free “How to Reduce Your Stress” report for your child. This offer is only available for the first 20 people who sign up. Follow the steps below:
- Go to mothersofmisfits.com
- Click the “Work with Emily” tab
- Book a Strengths Assessment & Coaching for your kids, ages 10 and up
- You will receive a free “How to Reduce Your Stress” report for your child, which will give you practical strategies for making things easier and more natural for your child, both in school and in life!
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!