35: Top 5 Tips for Staying Healthy While Schooling from Home | Dr. Elyssa WrightOct 27, 2020
Dr. Elyssa is a chiropractor and host of the Balancing Holistic Mommas podcast. She’s on a mission to help educate families about all things health and wellness. Elyssa and Emily talk through 5 easy-to-implement strategies to stay healthy while schooling and working from home.
- “The first tip is to set up a space that you can switch from sitting to standing.” – Dr. Elyssa Wright
- “When you have just a little bit more space and you can use movement while you’re learning, it can be game changing for a lot of people, myself included.” – Dr. Elyssa Wright
- “We can only focus on things for so long during the day, and if we don’t accept that and see that and stand up, move around, get some energy, we’re going to shut down.” – Dr. Elyssa Wright
- “It’s important to move around and from my area of expertise, it’s also important to have those mental breaks because just like our physical energy runs out, so does our mental energy.” – Emily Melious
- “Now that we’re out of our schedules and then with wearing masks as often as we are, we’re just not drinking water like we used to be.” – Dr. Elyssa Wright
- 1:46 – Tip #1
- 5:01 – How to Pick an Office Chair According to a Chiropractor
- 6:28 – Tip #2
- 8:47 – Tip #3
- 13:39 – Tip #4
- 16:53 – Tip #5
- 21:33 – Dr. Elyssa’s Podcast: Balancing Holistic Mamas
Listen to Dr. Elyssa Wright’s Podcast below:
- Balancing Holistic Mommas Podcast
Products mentioned in this episode:
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!