37: Why There’s Value in Suffering and Hardship | Oleg LougheedNov 10, 2020
Oleg Lougheed has overcome the odds. He was born into an abusive household and adopted into an American family at the age of 12. It took him 3 years to learn English and fully acclimate to his new country. Oleg shares his inspiring story of perseverance and positivity.
- “Words not only can create worlds, but they can also destroy worlds.” – Oleg Lougheed
- “When I was younger, I didn’t look at the world for what it was, but rather, for what I aspired it to be.” – Oleg Lougheed
- “You can’t fix other people. You can’t change other people. You can only fix yourself.” – Oleg Lougheed
- “As difficult as it is, I look at adversity through the lens of what am I here to learn and what is this here to teach me.” – Oleg Lougheed
- “Every single event, every single circumstance, has value. The question becomes, can you see that value?” – Oleg Lougheed
- “As a mom, I need to show that vulnerability in front of my kids and ask for help in front of my kids, so I can de-stigmatize that.” – Emily Melious
- 2:04 – The beginning of the story
- 6:00 – A sister for a caregiver
- 9:23 – Living in an orphanage
- 14:19 – Faced with a wall of discouragement
- 16:53 – What happens when you can’t speak English?
- 23:00 – Fostering the learning mindset
- 27:41 – Connect with Oleg
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!