42: When Your Child Sees Risk as a Necessity | Blain WeaseDec 15, 2020
Blain Wease felt like a misfit from the very beginning of his life. He’s a natural risk taker who didn’t fit in with his family, at school, or a “traditional” job. In adulthood, he found the freedom to be himself and is now thriving as a father, husband, and entrepreneur.
- “A lack of risk for me equals boredom and boredom creates a tremendous discontent and dissatisfaction internally because I have to be challenged.” – Blain Wease
- “I can’t fake interest, I can only create interest in something if I see purpose in it.” – Blain Wease
- “So much of the academic world, to me, has no purpose. It’s learning for the sake of learning, which I don’t relate to. I don’t have a grid for that.” – Blain Wease
- 1:02 – Being a Canadian with an American mind
- 2:42 – Growing up in a house without risk
- 8:11 – Finding an outlet for risk-taking
- 12:57 – Changing the future of the education system
- 20:59 – Letting your kids fail
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!