6: Parenting a child with Down Syndrome | Shawn MundisApr 07, 2020
Shawn Mundis shares the challenges and joys of parenting his son, Michael, who has Down Syndrome. Michael is certainly no ordinary kid, but Shawn wouldn’t have it any other way!
- “Anything that’s unexpected, whether it’s just an underlying health condition or something developmental, just know that you’re not alone.” – Shawn Mundis
- “There’s probably more love in the house than there would be if we had two typical children.” – Shawn Mundis
- 2:35-6:50 – Discovering Down Syndrome
- 6:51-9:19 – The challenges of a Down Syndrome diet
- 10:25-12:42 – The importance of community
- 19:09-21:35 – Life lessons
- 21:36-23:51 – Continuing to work
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!