65: Parenting a Child with Juvenile Myositis | Jason StaffordMay 25, 2021
When Jason‘s teenage son started complaining about pain and muscle weakness, he figured it was simply “growing pains.” When Logan’s symptoms worsened, however, they knew something much more serious was going on. Listen as Jason and Emily talk about managing the rare condition of Juvenile Myositis.
- “Nothing he experienced was typical of even JDM, so he’s a misfit within misfits.” – Jason Stafford
- “I’m going to either find it or create that bucket challenge moment where JM goes viral. And there won’t be anyone that doesn’t know what JM is.” – Jason Stafford
- 0:49 – Being a misfit
- 3:41 – Logan’s story with Juvenile Myositis
- 11:43 – Helping Logan through the diagnosis
- 14:52 – What the future looks like with Juvenile Myositis
- 18:43 – OneHope
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!