66: How to Prepare for the IEP Meeting | Leeza WoodburyJun 01, 2021
Leeza Woodbury has been through five rounds of IEP meetings for her 5-year-old son, and has many more to come. She shares her tips, tricks, and resources for managing the process successfully.
- “This is such a big learning process for parents because the school systems, they do this all the time, but for us as parents, this is often our first time. There’s a lot to learn.” – Emily Melious
- “The biggest thing that has helped me has been networking with other parents that have IEPs in our district.” – Leeza Woodbury
- “There might be more options on the table, and if you have that understanding of what you want to have happen ultimately going in, you’re more likely to have a meeting that you’re happy about.” – Emily Melious
- “This is what Mothers of Misfits is all about is just creating that community of folks who are right out there on the front lines every day.” – Emily Melious
- 1:32 – Leeza’s son
- 3:33 – What should parents ask for in terms of the IEP?
- 8:04 – How to prep for an IEP meeting
- 11:04 – What to do when you don’t agree with the IEP you’ve been given
- 18:55 – IEP Resources
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!