73: Parenting a Child with ADHD | Andre BrissonSep 21, 2021
Andre Brisson was diagnosed with ADHD, Aspergers, and Giftedness late in life. He now helps high-achieving ADHD individuals understand and celebrate their true self.
- “Your strength can become a weakness. If you can manage the weakness, then you can flip it into a strength.” - Andre Brisson
- “Not everyone handles information the same way. Not everybody handles structure and systems the same way and per the theme of Mothers of Misfits. We're not a one size fits all world. So there's no one size fits all solution and you can do the trial and error approach, but that can harm your relationships.” - Emily Melious
- 1:48 - Common misconceptions about ADHD
- 3:05 - You can succeed by identifying your ADHD strengths
- 4:40 - Tips & tricks for managing your mental energy
- 6:26 - Helping other understand how you communicate
- 10:32 - Advice for parents who have a child who was just diagnosed with ADHD
- 17:57 - ADHD & school
- 23:19 - Andre’s podcast, Impulsive Thinker
- Andre's Podcast: The Impulsive Thinker
- Intrigued by some of the topics Emily spoke about? Schedule a free discovery call with her today to learn how you can be the best advocate for your children and help them learn to thrive in a one size fits all world! Schedule a Discovery Call
- Find out more about how Emily can be a resource to you and your family by visiting our Work with Emily page as well.
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!