8: Quarantine Survival Guide: Practical Strategies for Homeschooling | Sterling LoucksApr 21, 2020
Sterling Louks, VP of Dynamynd, talks with Emily about the differing needs of children, particularly as to how they learn. When it comes to schooling, a one-size-fits-all approach does not work. Emily and Sterling provide practical strategies for making homeschooling (and #quarantinelife in general) a stress-free and positive experience for all.
LIMITED-TIME SPECIAL OFFER:
- Promo code: MISFIT
- Valid through May 2020
- “Every action, reaction, and interaction that we have is driven by the cognitive part of the mind.” – Sterling Loucks
- “A person’s MO doesn’t change, so there’s so much value in helping our kids both identify this and learn how to harness their strengths as early on as possible, because those lessons are really served throughout ones lifetime.” – Emily Melious
- “If you give them the goal, and they approach it, that gives them the freedom to approach it in a way that’s natural for them.” – Sterling Loucks
- 2:07-6:46 – What is “MO”?
- 8:01-11:23 – How to help kids learn in their innate way
- 11:26-15:26 – Tips and tricks for Specifiers
- 15:45-21:03 – Tips and tricks for Simplifiers
- 21:43-25:17 – How to help kids who naturally create order and routine
- 26:11-35:02 – How to help kids who don’t need structure
- 35:20-38:39 – Tips and tricks for Experimenters
- 38:41-42:18 – Tips and tricks for Stabilizers
- 42:23-47:25 – Tips and tricks for Hands On kids
- 47:33-50:42 – Tips and tricks for Conceptualizers
- 51:03-55:02 – A big trend for students during COVID-19
- Schedule a free discovery call with Emily to help discover your kids natural talents: Discovery Call
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!