89: Succeeding in College with ADHD | Luke GilliganJan 11, 2022
Luke Gilligan is a sophomore Entrepreneurship major at Grove City College. He candidly shares his experiences of growing up with ADHD and managing his diagnosis - including medication - in college.
- "School is a little difficult for me just to be able to not cope, but structure my brain as the school wanted me to. I did well. If I worked hard enough, I was able to learn and do it all, but I always found myself finding it difficult to learn." - Luke Gilligan
- "If you think about ADHD, you immediately think you think about hyperactivity, outward hyperactivity, and running around. When you go in to transition to adult ADHD, it becomes inward hyperactivity." - Luke Gilligan
1:14 - What ADHD looked like for Luke as a kid
- 9:13 - Transitioning between childhood ADHD and adult ADHD
11:31 - ADHD and medication
- 19:22 - Succeeding in college with ADHD
- Connect with Luke
- Learn more about Entrepreneurship at Grove City College
Leave a Review
Enjoying the Mothers of Misfits Podcast?
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts to help other M.O.M.'s hear about us too!